Opening prayer by Rev. Bill @8:37 PM.
Minutes from last meeting read by Rev. Karen. Motion to approve as read made by Storm; seconded by Rev. William. Passed.
Events – signup sheet now available for the cabin at the retreat.
Hymnal – Zach and Jae have started on updates; should be ready by the next business meeting.
Archive and Logistics – found minutes for meetings from 2000-2011. Now organized by year.
Tech – was contacted by a minister from Kenya looking to affiliate himself with our church. He follows a similar path to us (liberal Christian). We are not ready to affiliate at this time, but parted on good terms.
Voting occurred. First was the by-law regarding the type of structure we have. Democracy was the unanimous winner.
VP – Melina won unanimously
Secretary – Rev. Karen won unanimously
Librarian – Storm won unanimously
Membership – tie between Katie and Rev. William; Katie withdrew to allow Rev. William to take job. We will fix the tiebreaker issue in future.
President’s annual report:
“2014: A year of growth and change.
- A lot of community building and changeover.
- Average weekly attendance is up and has been consistently for months.
- A lot of enthusiasm for new and ongoing projects.
- We had the biggest group of new members in March 2015!
- The retreat.
- Church management tax conference.
- Fire releasing ceremony.
- Growth opportunities: Holistic Health Day, All Message Service, but only in attendance.
- Hence expansion of Events from a board member position to a committee.
What to look for in 2015-2016:
- Committee work: Events Committee, Tech Committee, Archives and Logistics, Fundraising. Any church member can join a committee.
- Policies and Procedures manuals for future board members.”
Treasurer’s annual report:
Mel adores her because of all she has done. Has set up current year on Quickbooks, and is in the process of entering past years. Gained a lot of information from the tax conference. Organized banking information. Much set up on Google Drive.
Items from the Floor:
Meditations for August:
8/2 – Rev. William
8/9 – annual picnic
8/16 – Rev. Bill
8/23 – Rev. Vanessa
8/30 – Melina
Motion to adjourn made by Mel; seconded by Rev. William. Passed. Closing prayer by Rev. Bill at 9:24 PM.